The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- All unvaccinated travelers must have a negative PCR test certificate with a QR code from an authorized health service provider taken within 72 hours prior to arrival at the destination. Fully vaccinated travelers with proof of vaccination issued by a competent authority are exempt from the PCR test requirement. N/A
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- All passengers must wear face masks. No
- Visa extensions for residents and/or tourists can be obtained at the immigration office at Aden Adde International Airport. Fully transitioned to online
- Due to the rapidly evolving situation, please check with your airlines on the most updated travel requirements (such as mandatory COVID-19 tests) for your airlines, transit countries, and your final destination.
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- PCR and antigen tests are available for U.S. citizens in Somalia.Testing is available at the country’s major medical facilities (Digfeer Hospital, Medipark Diagnostics, Sahal Transit Transportation Clinic, Dur-Dur Clinic, Aden Adde International Airport Clinic, and other private hospitals). The charge for the test is approximately USD 30 (SOS 17,500). COVID-19 screening services are available at the sites listed below:
- Ministry of Health
- Immigration and Naturalization Directorate of Somalia
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Somalia for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- COVID-19 vaccines are now being offered.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- Follow releases by Somalia’s Ministry of Health here .
- The Somali Ministry of Health created a COVID-19 WhatsApp account to disseminate country information: +252 613 600 700.
- Other links: