Event: Effective March 18, the Federal Government of Somalia has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. International flights to all Somali airports have been suspended for a period of 15 days. Domestic flights within Somalia are not affected. If you are experiencing unexpected flight cancellations please contact your airline.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Have a plan to depart Somalia at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Somalia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya
+254 (0) 20 363 6451
+254 (0) 20 363 6170 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Somalia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter