This week marks the start of Ramadan, a holy month of sacrifice and reflection. On behalf the United States Embassy Mogadishu, I extend our warmest wishes to all Somalis observing Ramadan.
This Ramadan comes at a tough time when the world is battling a pandemic, COVID-19. My appeal to you is to follow the health guidelines being highlighted by the Ministry of Health in Somalia:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact (within 2 meters or 6 feet) with anyone.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with your elbow or a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- And finally, clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
The U.S. Embassy family and I wish you a blessed, peaceful, and safe Ramadan.