November 10, 2018
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Event: The U.S. Mission to Somalia reminds U.S. citizens that terrorists continue to plan attacks against hotels, guesthouses, and office buildings. These groups may also target public gatherings, demonstrations, and other public and private locations.
Actions to Take:
- Review your personal security plans and carry a communication device.
- Notify a trusted person of your travel and movement plans.
- Avoid large crowds, gatherings, and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings and local security developments.
- Monitor local media and news for updates.
- Do not travel to Somalia. The Department of State advises travelers not to travel to Somalia due to crime, terrorism, and piracy.
- American Citizen Services Unit for Somalia (located in the U.S. Embassy Nairobi, Kenya)
United Nations Avenue, Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444